Signs of hearing loss
Hearing loss is a perfectly normal phenomenon that may affect anyone, even you. As early as the age of 40, you may feel the first signs of a decline in hearing acuity. Don’t worry, it does not indicate a decline in your health! You are not alone. By the age of 65, one out of every 3 people has trouble hearing. Thereafter, it is 1 out of 2 by the age of 75.
Here are some telltale signs of hearing loss that will help you take appropriate action to rediscover the pleasure of hearing:
- You find that your entourage mumbles.
- You are confusing words like « fog » and « frog ».
- You often ask people to repeat because you find that they do not speak loud enough, especially the higher pitched voices like those of women and children.
- You have difficulties to follow conversations in public places because of the surrounding noises.
- You always turn up the volume on your television to a high level.
- You have already missed the ringing of the phone or of the alarm clock because you did not hear it.
- Or you feel like you cannot hear as before.
If some of these daily situations apply to you, make an appointment now with an audiologist to check your hearing.
Remember, it may happen to anyone, even if you are in perfect health.